Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An awesome verse in Quran.

I think this post will be pretty helpful to some of my friends.I am directly Quoting the Quran and its translation in english.It is an beautiful verse which i guess in short explains all the doubts regarding islam being intolerant towards other religions is rubbish.




Al-Kafiroon
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Say: O disbelievers! (1) I worship not that which ye worship; (2) Nor worship ye that which I worship. (3) And I shall not worship that which ye worship. (4) Nor will ye worship that which I worship. (5) Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. (6)

And contrary to popular belief kafir means disbelievers in arabic , thats it . its not an abuse :P.


Oh and btw i am on Puppy linux now and it is totally awesome complete post coming soon


Salaams (peace ).
zakir

2 comments:

rohitj said...

thats a decent verse.

What are your views about this : http://www.politicalislam.com/blog/kafir/

I am sure its biased, but how much biased is it?

Anonymous said...

I never really thought about how this surah can be used to show others that Muslims are not supposed to impose their religion on others. Interesting point.